By using the etalia.org website and all content, services and products
available at or through the website ("Services"), you are agreeing to be bound
agree with these terms and condition, you must not accept this agreement and
may not use the services. The Website is owned and operated by Etalia, Inc.
which is a California-registered nonprofit public benefit corporation with
501(c)(3) nonprofit status in the United States.
If Etalia makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by
email or by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any
new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the
Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute
your consent to such changes.
time at: https://etalia.org/terms-of-use/
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of
your Account. While Etalia prohibits such conduct and Original Content on the
Service, you understand and agree that Etalia cannot be responsible for
the Original Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be
exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other
automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your name, a valid email address, and any other
information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - i.e., a single login may
not be shared by multiple people
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and
password or the account and password of the third-party service
Etalia uses for authentication. Etalia cannot and will not be liable
for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Original Content posted and activity
that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your
jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An
email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation.
You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Settings link in
the global left navigation bar. The Settings screen
provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- All of your Library Content will be immediately deleted from the
Service upon cancellation but not from the third-party providers.
- The Original Content that you published on Etalia will not be
deleted and will remain accessible to other users unless we receive
an email or a phone request that explicitly state that you want
your Original Content to be remove.
- Etalia, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or
terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use
of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the
Service may result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account
or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and
relinquishment of all Original Content in your Account. Etalia
reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any
- In the event that Etalia takes action to suspend or terminate an
account, we will make a reasonable effort to provide the affected
account owner with a copy of their account contents upon request,
unless the account was suspended or terminated due to unlawful conduct.
C. Modifications to the Service
Etalia reserves the right at any time and from time to time to
modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part
thereof) with or without notice.
- Etalia shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any
modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
D. Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you
provide to the Service. Your profile remain yours. However, by publishing text
as new “Threads” or responses to “Threads”, you agree to allow others to
view your Original Content.
- Etalia does not pre-screen Original Content, but Etalia and its
designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to
refuse or remove any Original Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © Etalia, Inc. All
rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the
written permission from Etalia.
E. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is
provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for Etalia services is only available in English, via email.
- You understand that Etalia uses third-party vendors and hosting
partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and
related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another
website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit
any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service
without the express written permission by Etalia.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts
containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful,
offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or
otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these
Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse
or retribution) of any Etalia customer, employee, member, or officer
will result in immediate account termination.
- The failure of Etalia to exercise or enforce any right or provision
of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or
- The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and
Etalia and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements
between you and Etalia (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of
the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your
use of the Service are governed under California law.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to